My Husband Ryan and I <3

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Back on Track!

To all the novice Runners like me out there, promise me one thing. You will never take more than a 2 day break from running!! I learned a very valuable lesson after not running for almost 3 weeks. I let work take over and was so busy that I forgot to make time for myself. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my job, but I got so wrapped up in working on my events, I just didn't make ME time.


Anyone else ever have head games they play with yourself? Like I felt like Wow I set a pretty lofty goal for myself to run a half marathon being that I have never been a runner my entire life and to turn  myself into a runner within just a couple months. I tried to talk myself out of doing it. It was a mental battle that I had to really deal with. Losing weight, training for something that you've never done before, maybe a new job, or anything that you think could be a mind game with yourself. I have found that the thought of running a marathon has been more of a mind game with me than the actually learning to run with Asthma! I have to learn to get passed the thought of running 13.1 miles at one time! I know if I can do it, anyone can!


I am so happy I got back on the track to running. I started running again on Monday and I can honestly say, It makes me feel like I can do anything! I have 17 weeks until our marathon on April 15th in St. Louis! I know this head game of mine is something I need to push through and may need some encouragement to push through it all! 

A good note to end on and look towards the new year! Remember, it's never too late to change your life! Challenge yourself! Push further than you could ever see yourself doing! You are so much stronger than you think you are!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment